The Maryland Center for Neuro-Ophthalmology & Neuro-Otology and Nathaniel Carter, M.D. accept the following carriers:
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Maryland)
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (All other states)
- Johns Hopkins Employee Health Plan (EHP)
- Johns Hopkins Priority Partners
- Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Maryland Medicaid or Medical Assistance
- National Capital PPO (NCPPO)
- Railroad Medicare
- United Healthcare (only PPO or Indemnity)
- see PPO or Indemnity below
- Workman’s Compensation (case-by-case basis)
You should always verify your benefits, including any co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance, with your insurance carrier and/or your employer’s benefits manager prior to an appointment with our office.
- If your medical coverage is with a HMO plan in which we participate, remember that a referral is required from your primary care physician (PCP) in order for us to see you. It is your responsibility to obtain the necessary referrals. It may be necessary to reschedule your appointment if you do not have a current referral on file at the time of your visit.
- If your medical coverage is with an HMO plan with which we do not participate, we are not able to provide medical care to you unless you are willing to sign a waiver and see us on a self-pay basis. Your HMO plan will not pay for your visit.
- When necessary, our staff will work closely with patients who require a payment plan.
- If your coverage is with a PPO or Indemnity plan that has out-of-network benefits, we can see you even if we do not participate with your plan. However, you should be aware that you may have a higher out-of-pocket copayment, deductible and/or coinsurance if we do not participate with your plan.
- Some PPO plans require prior authorization for certain diagnostic tests. Please check with your carrier to determine if prior authorization is needed for an electronystagmogram or (ENG), electromyogram (EMG) and nerve conduction study (NCS), or Botulinum toxin even if they do not otherwise require a referral. Without such prior authorization, you may be responsible for the cost of such diagnostic testing.
- When necessary, our staff will work closely with patients who use their out of network option and may require a payment plan or discount.
If you have any questions, regarding which insurance plans we accept or any patient billing concerns, please contact the office.